For exceptional people
At the Donald Reid Group, we are building a business, focused on outstanding client service. And as a result, we look to employ exceptional people and are always keen to hear from potential candidates, at all levels of experience – whether you are a trainee embarking on your career or a qualified accountant with several years of experience under your belt.
Why Donald Reid Group?
Not all small firms are the same. At DRG, the partners have come from the big 4 accounting firms and bring the expertise and experience of a major firm with the personal touch of a local business. Our office in Maidenhead, Berkshire has been serving entrepreneurs, business owners and inbound investment companies in the Thames Valley and London area for fifty years.
Qualified Management Accountant (ACA or ACCA)
This is a full-time position, (possibly school hours) based in our Maidenhead office. Responsibilities will include taking full ownership of a portfolio of clients, ensuring that all expectations and deadlines are managed and met in a timely fashion. The position will also include managing more junior staff and dealing with third party auditors.
Key technical requirements:
- The ability to prepare accounts to formatted trial balance/management accounts level
- The ability to review financial information and provide meaningful commentary on trading performance and wider KPIs
- A good knowledge of Xero, Sage and Microsoft Dynamics accounting packages
- A working knowledge of current VAT, Corporation Tax and business law as well as current accounting standards
- The ability to work to tight deadlines and manage multiple client requirements effectively
- To be comfortable communicating with clients in person or otherwise
- The ability to work with and manage staff with a variety of different levels of experience
- Able to support clients either remotely or on-site
Graduate Trainee Accountant
We are currently looking to recruit a graduate who is interested in pursuing a career in accountancy. The start date for this role would be flexible for the right candidate and would be between Summer 2018 and Autumn 2018.
We can offer an ACA training contract including paid for study, study leave, and high quality on-the-job training in various roles to include accounts preparation, auditing and tax. The role will be challenging and will provide a strong foundation for a future career in accountancy, due to the varied nature of our client base and the type of work that the successful applicant will undertake during their training contract.
The ideal candidate will be diligent, well presented and articulate, with strong academic qualifications.
Please email your CV and covering letter to Recruit@donaldreid.co.uk
- About Us
- Meet The Team
- Corporate Responsibility
- Who We Work With
- Case Studies
Go to top of page